Username: Password:

Author Topic: 3.3.2 Kraken  (Read 5146 times)

Offline gjlemonds0023

• Trust: (0)
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
3.3.2 Kraken
« on: September 15, 2017, 12:59:19 AM »
Hi, i'm hoping this is the correct place for this. I'm a relatively new gunbot user, as my co-workers and I all decided to make the jump at the same time, in order to help each other work out any kinks. Unfortunately, I'm the only Kraken user. I've been attempting to use 3.3.2 for kraken, but it doesn't seem to be working. Has it been having any issues I might have overlooked in the forums, or is it operator error? I've tried running most pairs on the website, just to see if I could get it to generate a trade, to no avail. I'm running bb with the default settings if that makes any difference.

Offline paramecie

• View Profile
Re: 3.3.2 Kraken
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 01:43:58 AM »
I'd say it's due to the very recent Kraken mandatory transactions roundings.
You must have received an e-mail from them (or check their news) ;-)

This seems to be fixed in gunbot 5.0.3 or 5.0.4 version, I don't remember, and couldn't verify this (I bought a Bittrex licence for now).

I'm sorry but I guess it won't work using 3.3.2 version (but I may have misread).

HTH ?

Offline gjlemonds0023

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 08:46:52 AM »
Well shucks, I appreciate the heads up!

Offline paramecie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 12:58:13 PM »
Frankly, have a try to 5.0.4 - for me anyway it's so far a better version than 3.3.2 !

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 01:48:08 PM »
504 is the way to go. Be careful to not set BTC TRADE VALUE too low on some coins. I've had a somewhat salty debate with the bot maker at 0200 this morning, because the bot could buy a sub 0.01 BTC value amount of ZEC, but aperantly Krak didn't allow it to sell at 0.010xx. Apparently trade volume restrictions on Krak get inforced - but not always. I was under the impression it was a bot bug to be resolved, but you can't pin it. Sometimes it creates errors, sometimes not. So, set trade value to 0.015 BTC or higher, 0.02 might be better for peace of mind.

Offline paramecie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 02:03:24 PM »
504 is the way to go. Be careful to not set BTC TRADE VALUE too low on some coins. I've had a somewhat salty debate with the bot maker at 0200 this morning, because the bot could buy a sub 0.01 BTC value amount of ZEC, but aperantly Krak didn't allow it to sell at 0.010xx. Apparently trade volume restrictions on Krak get inforced - but not always. I was under the impression it was a bot bug to be resolved, but you can't pin it. Sometimes it creates errors, sometimes not. So, set trade value to 0.015 BTC or higher, 0.02 might be better for peace of mind.

In this case, I'd use this, with values depending each currency, IMHO:

"BTC-ZEC": {
            "strategy": "bb",
            "override": {"MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY": 0.02,
                     "MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL": 0.02}
         },

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 02:43:28 PM »
or better set trade limit high enough, 0.02 for example.

Offline paramecie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 02:48:16 PM »
or better set trade limit high enough, 0.02 for example.

Yes but then it would be generic - here I propose to set the values for each pair, to follow the recent Kraken rules.
Anyway, for now I'm not using it on Kraken, I can't say really.