Username: Password:

Author Topic: No trades on 5.0.4  (Read 8885 times)

Offline opedroadami

• Trust: (0)
  • Novice
    • View Profile
No trades on 5.0.4
« on: September 24, 2017, 08:16:06 PM »
Hey guys,

I've managed to get some trades on Kraken back in 3.3.2, but since then some bags made me stop the bot completely.

Trying to set it up again on 5.0.4, bags gone, it's been almost 1 week without a single trade.

My wallet has ~0.015 BTC, and I'm running the "diesel" settings on 9 pairs with 0.0015 BTC for each (the minimum is 0.001 from what I could gather).

Is anyone having sucess with Kraken on 5.0.4?

EDIT: The bot doesn't show any errors, just the "Scanning Kraken for trading opportunities" on and on and on.

Offline paramecie

• View Profile
Re: No trades on 5.0.4
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 10:57:06 PM »
Without any clue of your config...  ::)

Offline opedroadami

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 11:32:30 PM »
As I said, I'm running diesel settings:

"stepgain": {
         "BTC_TRADING_LIMIT": 0.0015,
         "PERIOD": 5,
         "BUYLVL1": 1.5,
         "BUYLVL2": 1.6,
         "BUYLVL3": 70,
         "SELLLVL1": 1.5,
         "SELLLVL2": 1.6,
         "SELLLVL3": 70,
         "BUYLVL": 2,
         "SELLLVL": 2,
         "LASTPOINTS": 5,
         "AVGPOINTS": 20,
         "AVGMINIMUM": 0.00000001,
         "EMA1": 4,
         "EMA2": 2,
         "PANIC_SELL": false,
         "STOP_LIMIT": 60,
         "BUY_ENABLED": true,
         "MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY": 0.0005,
         "MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL": 0.0005

},

The same config runs nicely on Polo and Trex.

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 06:44:53 AM »
why don't you exploit the full range of the strategy? I think it beats the purpose of having 3 buy and sell levels and then using only two ...
set the lowest buy level lower and start with level 1 ... You can't expect this strategy of yours working on every pair, as the bot has to wait that the price falls 1.6% below EMA to buy ... learn to use the strategy, don't just copy someone's settings. They may work for a couple of chosen pairs, but in no way are they universal. I would even suggest a further step, using BB to buy and stepgain to sell. works nicely for my pairs (BTC vs. ICN, XRP, ZEC on sunday).

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:51:41 AM by sloaleks »

Offline opedroadami

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 04:36:28 PM »
The problem isn't the strategy. Also, I'm not asking for advice on what is the best strategy. The one I posted serves me well.

But even if I change it to BB, set the buylvl1 to 0.1, it won't buy anything. If I buy manually and set the panic sell to true, it won't sell anything.

The bot doesn't show any errors.

What is happening?

Offline paramecie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 05:34:28 PM »
If you don't want to hear about settings, etc. - maybe the fact that Kraken is ALWAYS having problems for a month, at least, see here:
https://status.kraken.com

I personnaly gave up manual on Kraken so many problems I had, and sometimes double orders with a cryptic empty red message... while the order didn't appear first, but then later on was credited/debited :-(

I can't imagine why GB could work with Kraken...

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 09:08:49 PM »
It works fine. Again, look at your settings and compare to spreads.
These are all bot trades. Full range stepgain and bbstepgain. No trades on 20th september, small power surge during thunderstorm made the computer restart. I couldn't be bothered to check if the bot is running.

Remember, Kraken has only 13 or so usable pairs on BTC and even on those it has been a shitty last ten days. You also need to check for dust and set the bot accordingly. Use overrides if you have largely different amounts of dust left in your Kraken account. Alternatively, clear dust manually. Tedious work, but worth it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:38:54 PM by sloaleks »

Offline paramecie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 09:25:42 PM »
Ah OK.
BTW, I'm interested to know if GB works with Kraken and EUR- pairs like EUR-XBT for example?

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 09:30:10 PM »
I only have a Kraken license for GB. RE fiat pairs, I don't know if they changed notation or what, but since the price precision reduction I have not been able to set a fiat pair of any kind. I get an error message, something like "error: unknown pair".

Offline paramecie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 09:40:36 PM »
Oh, it's normal, GBP is an altcoin ;-)

OK million thanks. Maybe we should see if it's mentionned in:
https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/BTCT/issues

And post there?

Offline opedroadami

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 11:19:22 PM »
A picture is worth a thousand words, eh?

You are right. I'll try with different settings and different strategies.

Also, I've already cleaned the dust manually. That is why I was so upset that the bot wasn't working.

I'll report back in a couple of days.

It works fine. Again, look at your settings and compare to spreads.
These are all bot trades. Full range stepgain and bbstepgain. No trades on 20th september, small power surge during thunderstorm made the computer restart. I couldn't be bothered to check if the bot is running.

Remember, Kraken has only 13 or so usable pairs on BTC and even on those it has been a shitty last ten days. You also need to check for dust and set the bot accordingly. Use overrides if you have largely different amounts of dust left in your Kraken account. Alternatively, clear dust manually. Tedious work, but worth it.

Offline opedroadami

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 11:51:20 PM »
I only have a Kraken license for GB. RE fiat pairs, I don't know if they changed notation or what, but since the price precision reduction I have not been able to set a fiat pair of any kind. I get an error message, something like "error: unknown pair".

Have you tried using the following, from the v4.0.1 release?

Kraken: EOSXBT, DASHXBT, GNOXBT, BCHXBT all others are XLTCXXBT. Fiat are ZEURXXBT.

I'm using it for the altcoin pairs and it works ok, no unknown pair errors.

Offline tblim

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 05:45:49 AM »
Try XXBTZEUR it works fine for me.

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 06:00:50 AM »
Thanks guys. I don't remember anymore which of all combinations I tried on the fiat pair notation. I'll give it a try and report how it goes.

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 06:22:43 PM »
this one works. do you trade fiat and btc pairs under the same API key or do you use two?

Offline tblim

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 10:24:15 PM »
this one works. do you trade fiat and btc pairs under the same API key or do you use two?
Due to the recent downhill in all pairs xxxBTC, I ended up with bags. I am waiting them to go up so in the meantime I switched to only XXBTZEUR. So to answer your question, no I only trade this pair.

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 07:10:52 AM »
Clever ... thanks.

Offline paramecie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 11:59:51 AM »
Yes, MANY thanks to you all.

I'm still puzzled (I didn't try, only Trex licence) that you should put "XXBTZEUR" in the config instead of "XBT-EUR" for Kraken !?

That's really a major bug here, and someone (using this lcence) should post it here (if not already):
https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/BTCT/issues

Offline tblim

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 12:07:04 PM »
Go here https://api.kraken.com/0/public/AssetPairs and search for the pair you are looking for. You will find the appropriate name for Kraken. It is the quickest way I found. Hope it helps.

Offline paramecie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 12:11:57 PM »
Most useful info, thanks a lot!