Username: Password:

Author Topic: 269 Trades In 24hrs On Polo  (Read 7508 times)

Offline rivercityjon

• Trust: (0)
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
269 Trades In 24hrs On Polo
« on: November 17, 2017, 05:31:57 AM »
After using Gunbot 3.3 on Windows for a while and getting upwards of 60 trades a day, I switched to Gunbot XT for ARM and after some tweaking all week, I nailed it. 269 trades on November 16th! Pretty stoked.

Here is screenshots showing all the trades https://www.docdroid.net/9JhVO6O/2017-11-16.pdf

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
Re: 269 Trades In 24hrs On Polo
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:02:08 AM »
november 16th was good for me too, but, yeah you beat me for a factor of 10/+... I do have less pairs, but still, congratulations I think may be in order. you play small gains? as far as I could see, about 1%? or maybe a little less. care to share your strategy* no need to post full parameters if you don't want to.

Offline rivercityjon

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 06:05:24 AM »
In this instance, I used all pairs at 0.02% above fees using gain, trying to drive volume and hit the next lower fee tier. The nice part is, the trades don't all happen at a mere 0.02% above buy level if the price keeps going up it holds off on the trade till it drops. Love that feature.

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 07:08:06 AM »
Ahh, thanks. I thought only stepgain did that, seems gain does it also ...

Offline Goswinus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 06:21:46 PM »
Hi,

I can't download the pdf, but I'm (more) curious about pairs and strategies. Can you please share your config?

Thanks!

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 09:36:57 AM »
I think he will not do that. if you will also run the same pairs, on the same config on polo, the number of his trades will plummet.

Offline Goswinus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 06:22:39 AM »
I think he will not do that. if you will also run the same pairs, on the same config on polo, the number of his trades will plummet.

That seems a little strange to me.
1: If that is true, then what is the point of the initial post?
2: How many thousands of people are trading on poloniex? There's bound to be a few trading the same pairs already. Gunthar limits the number of gunbot users through the number of  licenses.
3: Most important: The idea of a working strategy is that it will find opportunities to trade, regardless of market conditions. If more "users" would bring the profit down, the results of the initial post are mere coincidence. That is is of interest to the initial poster too: it would mean that the strategy would benefit from tweaking.

But of course, sharing is at the discretion of the initial poster.

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 06:45:03 AM »
The number of licenses is not limited (or, if it is, it has not reached the limit yet) AFAIK. So far I have not heard of a single person having 0.1 btc to pay for it to not be able to buy a bot.
The problem of many bots playing the same strategy, with the same settings on the same pair is, that the bots start competing for the trade, which in the end leads to a strategy not working so well anymore. Every user needs to find his own, possibly unique, "secret sauce". Unique strategies mean trading with less competition. As in opposite, common strategies with more or less same parameters mean trading in a crowded room.
So, we trade out of the most trodded SMA periods, BB%, etc (so we are still in the same trade room, but at a time everyone else is gone to lunch), and using similar tricks try to escape the crowds. Of course, many are not telling anymore, as a lot of users just blindly follow and rooms get crowded again ...
I really feel for those guys that can't get a trade done with their bot (either for bad pair selection, or bad strat parameters). But I don't like the idea of bot vs. bot fights, because that means I will loose a piece of my already slight income to that. If I again find a set of well working strat parameters, I'm keeping them.

Offline jim

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 02:10:21 PM »
True IMO much the same as miners completing for the same block rewards using over clocked gpu settings, modded Kernels and asic 's, once these things get out difficulty goes up and profits go down, as runners of gb we need to remain as unique as possible. Something that's different between mining and here exchanges is the exchanges have organic human whales making moves and fishing the waters. I believe that as gb develops it could take advantage of "order book" entries and place our trade orders in relation the the whales maybe taking a few bites out of the whales as i'm sure the whales do to us when they chose where to place their orders, I mean if you were a whale and you thought or knew the bots were going to buy at low bb xx would place your order accordingly or would you not ?

Offline spiftheninja

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin Ninjas
  • Telegram: spiftheninja
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 02:26:01 AM »
This is amazing! Mad props my dude. I am just learning to use the GunBot, but it's already made 1 successful trade :)

Just learning about all the different indicators and such has taught me a lot about trading in general. I am very happy with this bot!

Any tips for an uber noob?
-spiftheninja | www.BitcoinNinjas.org Authorized Gunbot Dealer Telegram: t.me/BitcoinNinjas

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 11:08:52 AM »
i'm sure the whales do to us when they chose where to place their orders, I mean if you were a whale and you thought or knew the bots were going to buy at low bb xx would place your order accordingly or would you not ?
I think you are right, specially as bots are easily manipulated once the sweet spots (or better, the range of sweet spots) gets known. One could get rid of substantial amount of coin manipulating the price into a favourable buying range and let the bots gobble up the coin. This needs a bit of capital, but it's certainly not undoable.