Username: Password:

Author Topic: Trading Other Pairs  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Johnnye

• Trust: (0)
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
Trading Other Pairs
« on: December 21, 2017, 10:46:07 AM »
Hi,
Am trading the Bitcoin pair on Poloniex. if i wanted to trade ETH and USDT pairs do i need another licence, as i understand that you cannot run multiple pairs. is this free or do i have to buy another licence for each

merry xmass

johnny

Offline spiftheninja

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin Ninjas
  • Telegram: spiftheninja
Re: Trading Other Pairs
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 12:35:37 PM »
Hi,

Good question

The polo license allows you to use ANY pairs on Poloniex simultaneously, meaning you can trade all the pairs on the whole website at the same time if you want to. Be careful though, because if you run too many pairs, it will take a while to get back to the first pair since it goes through them one by one, and sometimes you can miss trades this way.

Hope that helps!

-spiftheninja
-spiftheninja | www.BitcoinNinjas.org Authorized Gunbot Dealer Telegram: t.me/BitcoinNinjas

Offline Johnnye

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 01:09:23 PM »
thanks

Johnny

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 01:12:12 PM »
one remark: don't trade between your base currencies. e.g. if you have BTC and ETH for your two bases, never trade ETH against BTC. it will confuse the bot.

Offline Johnnye

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 01:12:52 PM »
silly question.

where do you get a polo licence from.

i bought my gunbot from gunbot shop and cannot see it there

Johnny

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 12:18:17 PM »
you were requested to present an API key from your selected exchange in the buying process. this exchange is (sort of) encoded into your bot. so, if you presented an API from poloniex, it's already "built in". if not (you presented an API from a different exchange) you will need to expand your bot with additional licenses. additional licenses (quite cheap during this years christmass special offer) can be obtained via your reseller, or any other official reseller.

Offline Johnnye

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 07:59:08 PM »
thank you

one other question

why do they have different main coins on the exchange page in Poloniex like ETH, USDT and XMR

Johnny

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 08:43:06 AM »
Some people like to diversify their primery currency, so that they can choose pairs with better trading chances.

Offline hubert333

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 11:25:33 AM »
I have a question. If I ONLY trade BTC-XXX pairs on Poloniex, is it then OKEY to trade BTC-ETH, and BTC-XMR and BTC-USDT?

If I understand correctly I should not trade THE MIX of BTC-XXX pairs, and ETH-XXX pairs on one ACCOUNT/EXCHANGE?

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 04:19:09 PM »
It is not advisable to trade cross pairs, eg. BTC-ETH, when you are already trading on both BTC and ETH as you bases. I, as a rule, also never cross trade secondary currencies. Example, if I already have a BTC-DASH pair, I will not have an ETH-DASH pair and also no BTC-ETH.