Username: Password:

Author Topic: Strange behavior  (Read 1612 times)

Offline shrewdman

• Trust: (0)
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
Strange behavior
« on: January 23, 2018, 09:48:49 AM »
Hi all,
Recently i began running the gunbot on poloniex for about 5 pairs. Running with BB on most of the standard settings the bot has only bought 0.001BTC ($10) trades which is the bare minimum buy in amount. Usually soon after the buy in the bot  goes blank with "no new opportunities found", but then comes back online only to sell at a tiny profit.

Seems like it is having issues or would this be to do with incorrect settings?

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
Re: Strange behavior
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:52:16 AM »
It is running how it is set. if the trade limit is set to 0.001, it will trade with 0.001. It also sells at gain levels it is set to sell. If you want more, raise the ante ...
Read the wiki, there is everything you need to know about the settings in there.

Offline shrewdman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:55:34 AM »
Thankyou,
I will read through the wiki more carefully. Is the "no new opportunities found" message also to do with settings?

Offline sloaleks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 04:17:02 PM »
yes, it means that under set parameters there is no opportunity to buy or sell. as soon as a coin price (ask for buying and bid for selling) enters in the bots calculated entry or exit points, a buy or sell cycle starts.

Offline shrewdman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 10:23:27 AM »
also i found this on some coins -- for lower BB a buy size lower than the lower BB with a lower BB value of 35. Is this to do with market conditions/can somebody explain it.