Username: Password:

Author Topic: buying strategy  (Read 881 times)

Offline pedrolx78

• Trust: (0)
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
buying strategy
« on: February 26, 2018, 01:51:41 AM »
Hello,

I have a question. If the bot is set to buy at xxx and the price is lower why could it not be buying? It bought recently at a higher price but the prices dropped considerably.. does it need to sell the initial value it bought to buy again or can it buy at a smaller value retaining the original value it bought?

Thanks

Offline sloaleks

• Trust: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: buying strategy
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 06:11:55 AM »
Hello,

I have a question. If the bot is set to buy at xxx and the price is lower why could it not be buying?
the bot is waiting for a trend reversal.

It bought recently at a higher price but the prices dropped considerably.. does it need to sell the initial value it bought to buy again or can it buy at a smaller value retaining the original value it bought?

no it doesn't need to sell first. for a rebuy (one or more) you need to enable double up and its relevant setings. it will average down the bought price, trying to retain value

Thanks

Offline Aitor

• Reseller
  • Trust: (+2)
  • Novice
  • Authorized Reseller
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot.shop
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz
Re: buying strategy
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 10:45:11 PM »
Hello,

I have a question. If the bot is set to buy at xxx and the price is lower why could it not be buying? It bought recently at a higher price but the prices dropped considerably.. does it need to sell the initial value it bought to buy again or can it buy at a smaller value retaining the original value it bought?

Thanks

Hi Pedrolx78, if the bot already bought a coin, it will switch to sell mode, so it won't buy again until it has sold. On the other hand, note that the price is not the only condition that a trading strategy could require in order to buy. For example, if you set RSI_BUY_ENABLED to true and RSI_BUY_LEVEL to 35, the won't buy until RSI drops below 35, regarless the price. This is only an example, what I mean is that there could be more conditions apart from the price.  :)