Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Release]Backtest Analysis Spreadsheet - v1.1 update 22.05.2018!  (Read 175 times)

Offline Cryptmining

• Trust: (0)
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
  • Telegram: Mr Freeman
Backtest Analysis Spreadsheet
ver1.1 last updated 22.05.2018

Hey folks,

NOTE: Recently i released the TV_Xtractor to easily export data from Tradingview, made to work with this Sheet! For more info CLICK HERE!

I decided to share a sheet i made while working on a simple way to export data from Tradingview backtests. This sheet is part of this scenario and has allready proven to be very useful to my own backtests. Thats why i decided to share this at the current state.
The sheet has a very clear view and may be helpful especially for beginners as i added comments to have a quick eye on what the settings or indicators do and what their default values are.
I colored the rows that are crucial to the selected strategy to easily determine what settings are being used and which can be ignored. This greatly increases overview once you work with alot of data. The comments i setup are NOT written by myself. Full credits go to Gunthar and the Copy- and/or Contentwriters of the Gunbot Wiki. Thank you very much for letting me use them!

What this is for.

allanster created those awesome pine scripts called Gunbot Tuners for strategy backtesting on Tradingview.com. This is an incredible good way to compare, test and fine tune your gunbot strategies. This sheet can be used along with the free Gunbot Tuner versions wheras it is made to work best with the Gunbot Deluxe Tuners. In my opinion it is well worth to invest in the Deluxe version anyway! While testing out alot of strategies i felt like i needed a place to save what i have tried so far. Not only to avoid testing the same strategies and settings over and over but to have an overview and the possibility to compare the outcome. All this is a great way to understand what the strategies do and how the numbers work. Thats why i created this sheet. I added a few things like i mentioned above to make a few things easier - especially for beginners - while keeping the sheet very basic to allow easy copying of the tables.

The Problem.

One thing i soon noticed was that it is very time consuming to enter all the data manually as there is no official way to export data from tradingview. So i began to work on a way to make things easier. At this moment i did not finish this process and you will have to insert settings manually. At least the results on the "Performance Summary" tab on Tradingview can simply be copied over to save some time.

The Solution.

I am allready working on a way to copy settings, indicators and performance on buttonclick. By then all left to do is to navigate to the main table and column you would like to fill the data in and press insert. I can't give a date when this will be finished yet as all this work happens in the few minutes left off work, life and a freakin broken shoulder that will soon undergo surgery im very worried about. However I've setup a clear plan and promise to finish this as soon as possible!

Update 22.05.2018: Please check the reply below for the changelog! Together with this change I released the TV_Xtractor. Extracting data from tradingview is now on buttonclick and much more comfortable!

Download Section.

Copy Sheet to Google Drive!
Install the TV_Xtractor through the offical Google Webstore
Install the TV_Xtractor through the offical FireFox Add-Ons!

Screenshots.

Example1
Example2
Comments
Future release

Donate.

If this helped you and you would like to tip me a beer,

<3

LTC: LUt7Zpo7nVfqWVNPGcjadLv8FSPJJmnmib          
BTC: 1JzN2pah7tYzCyKe2pHSFTHiB6pFP95Jgc   

Enjoy and have a good time!

NOTE: You have to be a forum member to see the pictures below!
NOTE: By downloading and using this sheet you acknowledge that you have read and understood that this is for research purposes only and I am not responsible for any financial losses you may incur.
NOTE: This sheet was made in Excel and while releasing i noticed some problems when using another program or service. If you find problems with the format please tell me in this thread or hit me up on telegram. The next versions will have such problems fixed. Sadly the file is too big to attach it directly to the topic. Downloading the sheet from Google drive will cause a little problem with the first row. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 02:29:26 PM by Cryptmining »

Offline Cryptmining

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Backtest Analysis
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 09:22:29 PM »
Changelog.
ver1.1 on 22.05.2018:
- Added settings used in Tradingview itselfs. / Can totaly be ignored as user. The sheet is going to need some of them later however.
- Increased amount of columns to 400 to allow saving 100 diffrent strategies in all periods per pair. Ofcourse users can extend this at any time.
- Cleared format of diffrent lines and columns
- Added links to this changelog and to the TV_Xtractor Extension
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 09:53:36 PM by Cryptmining »

Offline chris3296

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Backtest Analysis Spreadsheet
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 07:57:25 PM »
Hello,
seems like I'm the first one to test your sheet!  ;D
First of all thanks for sharing your work with everyone! Im using Open Office and had no big problems with the formatting of your tool.
It has a very clear, good structure/layout and helps me alot with optimizing my settings. The comments are great to have a nice overview of all possible settings (which is needed for a non-professional like me ;)) all in one place. To me it is really useful to not just compare the possible return in a given time but also evaluate the little differences you can change in the gunbot settings (which are PLENTY) and to learn how they influence the process.

For now it is a bit time costy to add all parameters and outcomes manually but as you said you are working on some easy copy/paste method I'm looking forward to that!

Sooo.. thank you very much for sharing your tools, this is definately helpful for people like me  :)

Greetings and good luck with your shoulder!

Offline Cryptmining

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 08:25:08 PM »
Thanks for your feedback chris3296!
Yes, as there is so much to insert and copy per backtest it easily consumes your time. So please stay tuned for the next release which will eliminate all manual insertion!
Incase you have any idea or something you would like to see post here or hit me up on Telegram!

Offline allanster

• Trust: (+4)
  • Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
  • Telegram: allanster
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 08:03:20 PM »
Very nice work! Thank you for sharing this. Will look forward to seeing what you come up with.
more human than human

Offline Cryptmining

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 05:09:12 PM »
Thanks for your support allanster! Stay tuned for the update release this evening/tomorrow. It includes a small sheet update and an extension to export the data on button click!