Username: Password:

Author Topic: List of Gunthy.org Rules, Guidelines, FAQ  (Read 407 times)

Online Cat

• Administrator
  • Trust: (+2)
  • Novice
  • GUNBOT Licenses -10% with ref. code 'GrumpyKitty'
    • View Profile
  • Telegram: @LadyDKitty
List of Gunthy.org Rules, Guidelines, FAQ
« on: April 07, 2017, 10:14:55 PM »
Overview / Table of contents (click the link to go to that part of the post):

Forum rules
Examples/Explanations of rules
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Guidelines for threads

Forum rules

1. No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads.

2. No off-topic posts.

3. No trolling.

4. No referral code (ref. link) spam.

5. No link shortners that requires users to view an ad.

6. No linking to phishing or malware, without a warning and a valid reason.

7. No begging.

8. No threats to inflict bodily harm, death threats.

9. Discussions in the main boards must be in english. All other language discussions should be posted in the appropriate Local board.

10. No embedded NSFW images anywhere. NSFW content must be marked accordingly.

11. No linking to illegal trading sites.

12. No duplicate posting in multiple boards (except for re-posting it in the local language boards if it's translated).

13. Bumps, "updates" are limited to once per 24 hours.

14. All altcoin related discussion belong in the Alternate cryptocurrencies and it's child boards.

15. Trading of goods that are illegal in the seller's or buyer's country is forbidden.

16. Having multiple accounts and account sales are not allowed.

17. Leaving fake trust ratings is not allowed. Trust ratings will be moderated to a certain extent, but mostly cases with obvious abuse.

18. Old bumps should be deleted.

19. Advertising (this includes mining pools, gambling services, exchanges, shops, etc.) in others threads' is no longer allowed, including, but not limited to, in altcoin announcement threads.

20. When deciding if a user has broken the rules, the staff have the right to follow their interpretation of the rules.

21. Advertisements (including signatures within the post area) in posts aren't allowed unless the post is in a thread you started and is really substantial and useful.

22. Ban evasion (using or creating accounts while one of your accounts is banned) is not allowed.

23. Local thread rules, if stated properly when the thread was started, specific enough and don't conflict with the forum rules, have to be followed.

24. Using automated translation tools to post translated content in Local boards is not allowed.

25. Exploiting bugs or flaws (even if the result is harmless) in the forum's software is not allowed.

26. Sending unsolicited PMs, including but not limited to advertising and flood, is not allowed.

27. Similar marketplace items must be listed together.

28. User avatars must not contain NSFL or NSFW content, infringe on copyright or attempt to impersonate a user.

29. Posting multiple posts in a row (excluding bumps and reserved posts by the thread starter) is not allowed.

30. Posting plagiarized content is not allowed.

31. Any kind of HYIP/ponzi scheme (et. al.) promotion or similar is not allowed.

Examples:

1. Such posts like "SELL SELL SELL", "I agree", "+1", "Support", "Watching", "Interesting", "LOL", "SCAM", "LEGIT", "FAKE", other one word posts, posts consisting mostly of swearing, quote pyramids,useless introduction threads, threads about a topic already recently discussed in several other threads.

6. The warning must be obvious. For example: "MalwareSite.com <------ CAUTION. This is a malware site - do NOT click". A valid reason would be if your Bitcoin wallet was hacked and you feel a file you downloaded is to blame.

14. This includes services, trades, discussion, speculation, mining and any other content related to altcoins. Trades that include an Altcoin and Bitcoin is OK (except for an exchange between the two). For example, a thread named "Buying Bitcoins and Litecoins for bank transfer" can stay in the general boards.

23. This rule is meant to prevent from users exploiting possible loopholes in the rules or some interpretations that follow the literal meaning of the rule rather than the meaning of what it truly wanted to prevent.

24. Posting ads at the bottom or anywhere else in your posts is generally not allowed. If you are providing really substantial and useful content, then advertising might be allowed. This requires you to PM an admin before proceeding.

25. If you get banned (temporary or permanently) and create a new account to continue posting / sending PMs, it's considered ban evasion. The only exception is creating a thread in Meta about your ban.

30. This includes both copying parts or the entirety of other users' posts or threads and copying content from external sources (e.g. other websites) and passing it as your own.

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Q: Why haven't you banned <insert scammer username here> who is an obvious scammer?
A: Scammers might get banned, but they will definitely receive a special rank called 'Scammer'. If you think that sufficient evidence was provided for someone to be marked as such, and he has not been tagged, PM me.

Q: Do you moderate/delete (possible) FUD, accusations and untrue information?
A: We moderate the only extremely obvious cases. It is not possible to fact-check every thread. However, trolling isn't allowed. If a user is habitually posting obviously false nonsense ("obviously false nonsense" to an outsider, NOT to someone who follows or is involved in the discussion) just to stir up trouble, then it's considered trolling.

Q: Someone insulted me. Why aren't you deleting his post/thread?
A: Posts containing insults are usually not deleted as long as they contain any kind of constructive text and aren't off-topic. Posts containing only insults will be deleted as they contain no meaningful content.

Q: What about deleting DOXes?
A: If they are used for the purpose of investigating a scammer or potential scammer, then they shall not be removed. If they are used for trolling or other malicious actions, then they shall be removed.

Q: My account was hacked! What do I do?
A: See this thread: https://gunthy.org/index.php/topic,1024.0.html.

Q: I want to change my forum username. What should I do?
A: You might be able to by donating to the forum. More details on that will come soon.

Q: Why is my IP banned?
A: Your IP might be banned because it was used by a user that got perma banned. If you register using a banned IP, are using TOR, VPNs or well known proxies, you will have to pay a small fee.

Q: Why was my account banned?
A: You probably have broken one of the rules. Try contacting one of the staff members or creating a post in Meta from a new account (remember not to post anywhere else or that will be considered ban evasion).

Q: How do ranks/membergroups work?
A: See this link: https://gunthy.org/index.php/topic,1223.0.html#post_ranks.

Q: How do I put an image in my post/thread?
A: First you have to upload it to some image hosting site. Just google it, I'm sure you'll find one that suits you. Then simply put in the link to that image like this:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://ImageHostingSite.com/MyImage.jpg[/img]
Q: Can I enable self-moderation on an already existing thread?
A: No. Just lock the old thread and start a new one with self-moderation enabled in "Attachments and other options".

Q: How do I delete/lock my own thread(s) when I no longer need them?
A: On the top right of your post is a delete button. You can delete threads if nobody has seen them. Otherwise, just click "Lock topic" link at the bottom left.

Q: How do you add a link to a word?
A: Pretty simple. Just use this code:
Code: [Select]
[url=MyLink.com]Word[/url]
Just replace the "Word" with the phrase/word of your choice and the "MyLink.com" with the link of your choosing.

Q: Why can't I put <insert something like a link, image or color> into my signature?
A: Signature restrictions can be found here: https://gunthy.org/index.php/topic,1223.0.html#post_signatures

Q: Where can I find all the moderators/staff/administrators?
A: The Staff list can be found here: https://gunthy.org/index.php?action=staff.

Guidelines for threads
Some obvious boards were left out of the list.

Section: GunBot: The automatic profit generator for Poloniex, Kraken & Bittrex &

GUNBOT General Discussion - General discussion about the Gunbot software and ecosystem that don't fit better elsewhere. Child boards: Poloniex, Bittrex, Kraken, Cryptopia. They are for exchange specific questions that are suited for the General Discussion board.

Technical Support & Development - Questions regarding issues with Gunbot and its development.

Beginners & Help - The go-to location for getting started, finding useful information and asking questions.

Marketplace - The marketplace for exchanging only Gunbot, and Gunbot related products. Child board: Resellers. You can find a list of official resellers in this board, as well as threads from various resellers offering their services.

Services & Third Party Plugins - Buying/selling services & plugins that are related to Gunbot.

Section: Bitcoin

Bitcoin Discussion - General discussion about the Bitcoin ecosystem. News, the Bitcoin community, innovations, the general environment, etc.

Mining - Discussion about Bitcoin mining in general.

Technical Support - Questions regarding issues with Bitcoin Core, nodes, the Bitcoin network, transactions, and addresses.

Economy & Speculation - Discussion about the Bitcoin economy and Speculation about the Bitcoin Price.

Project Development - Organization of Bitcoin and related projects (sites, software not yet developed/in development), bounty campaigns, advertising etc. No hiring here although "looking for partners" threads should be here.

Section: Marketplace

Goods - Trades of both physical and digital goods on-forum for Bitcoin. If you are selling goods on another site (e.g. have an online store), it doesn't belong here.

Services - Services provided/demanded on-forum for Bitcoin. If you are providing/demanding services on another site (e.g. have a hosting site), it doesn't belong here.

Auctions  - Auctions may optionally be placed in this section. Topics and replies in this section can't be modified or deleted.

Trading Discussion - Discussion about doing business with Bitcoin. Best trading practices, delivery methods etc.

Section: Other

Off-topic - "Other topics that might be of interest"

Archival - Solely for archiving old threads.

Section: Alternate cryptocurrencies

Altcoin Discussion - "Discussion of cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin. Note that discussion of how these currencies *relate to* Bitcoin may fit in other categories. ". Generic coin discussion threads or discussion about altcoin prices do not belong here.

Announcements (Altcoins) - Announcement threads should be posted in this section.

Mining (Altcoins) - Altcoin mining discussion. This includes discussion of PoW mining, PoS staking as well as other mining-like activity (e.g. dedicated devices, software, troubleshooting etc.).

Economy & Speculation (Altcoins) - Discussion about the altcoin economy and prices prices. This includes discussion about portfolios ("what altcoins are you holding?"), price predictions ("is coin X going to reach 10$ next week?" or "why is this coin's price so low?") and general speculation ("are the altcoin markets crashing?").

Marketplace (Altcoins) -  On-forum sale of goods and services either altcoin related or sold for altcoins. This includes bounties, advertisement campaigns, dedicated ICO threads, announcement of external giveaways (that do NOT require posting on Bitcointalk), etc. If your cryptocurrency token is more of a traditional investment (e.g. stocks, shares) rather than a new coin, the ANN thread belongs here.

Section: Local

All Local boards - Discussion of various topics in the appropriate language. Posting translated coin announcements is limited to languages that have their own section (a.k.a. dedicated board with sub-boards).

Credits for the layout go to mprep and everyone who contributed to their thread design.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 09:11:25 PM by Cat »

Offline Sweeet

• Trust: (+1)
  • Rookie
  • Certified Idiot.
    • View Profile
Re: Rules, guidelines, FAQ
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 03:28:46 AM »
Unless this is strictly for the forum, the wiki could help you out with some of the possible FAQ: https://github.com/TheSweeet/GUNBOT/wiki (Some things are quite outdated)
Get paid to get laid

Online Cat

• Administrator
  • Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Rules, guidelines, FAQ
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 09:51:49 PM »
This is supposed to be strictly about the forum since it is in Meta. I will take a look there as well.

Online Cat

• Administrator
  • Novice
    • View Profile
Re: List of Gunthy.org Rules, Guidelines, FAQ
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 12:18:47 PM »
Thread has been updated with an initial set of information and unlocked.