Username: Password:

Author Topic: Any other miners  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Beachguy

• Global Moderator
  • Trust: (+1)
  • Rookie
  • Gunbot Reseller - pM me
    • View Profile
Any other miners
« on: April 09, 2017, 12:38:21 PM »
I mined long before I stumbled on Gunthar's Gunbot, I had been looking at bots since summer 2016.
Currently a 4 gpu rig I dusted off when Claymore developed a really good eth and zec miner....right now on zec.
In fact, it was my zec mining that gave me my first stake for the Gunbot.

Have an A2 - 88mh (replaced a couple Zeus X6's) that I  roam the scrypts with....right now its WBB which will go nuclear as it evolves to serve the business blockchain. Mined & bought a long time.

Oh, and I rent when opportunities present themselves, I had the A2 off and on mining EMC2 after the new devs took over a  while back (first started mining with the X6's Jan 2015)  when it was still well under 100 sats. Replaced it with rentals and even got lots of extra when a wormhole happened.

First ICO was XSPEC....a privacy coin like no other with a future.

That's it for this old miner....Love the bot, mining and all things crypto.... 8)

Offline mettalmag

• Trust: (0)
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Any other miners
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 02:24:51 PM »
400+ RX480s on zec and eth with claymore and 15 S9s atm and buying more and more..
Also looking for some script asics, but haven't decided yet.
some pics to see:

Offline Beachguy

• Global Moderator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 03:01:25 PM »
Wow, looks like you're a full time miner!
Must be where the power is reasonable.

Offline mettalmag

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 03:16:29 PM »
I'm moving to new place I'm building now, with el. price as low as 4-6 cents per kwh

Offline Peter Gibons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 04:29:59 AM »
I mined pretty seriously about 2-3 yrs back.  Right when BTC first took off, and asics were becoming prominent.  I stopped once BTC fell and diff kept growing.  Electricity and dealing with the heat made it too much to keep up.  I sold all my mining equipment, and paid off debt.

I just started mining some again last month.  I have a dual GPU rig that I use for work and play games on.  I figured might as well mine with it, when I'm not using it.  I tried to mine ETH but couldn't.  Seems like my 2GB Radeon GPUs dont have enough mem, so I started mining ZEC with Claymore.  It's been working so well, that I think I might ease back into it some.  Maybe add another PC.  I still have some old asics laying around.  No reason not to hook up the little one.

Honestly, I made more off the Rig Rental site.  I probably should just go back to that, but I dont want to monitor it.  Just set it and forget it, is all I want right now.

Offline chris330

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 06:49:19 PM »
I would love to carry on mining but my electricity costs are so high over here in the UK. I have a rig with an RX480 and a GTX1070 in which part time mines :D

Offline Peter Gibons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 09:06:54 PM »
I moved into an office last year.  Had completely forgotten about mining.  Then a couple months back I had the thought ... "they aren't charging me any extra for electricity ... hmmmm"

Offline mettalmag

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 09:46:05 PM »
I moved into an office last year.  Had completely forgotten about mining.  Then a couple months back I had the thought ... "they aren't charging me any extra for electricity ... hmmmm"
for small rigs it's always an option, office and free electricity? why not?

Offline adxatand

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 10:20:44 PM »
400+ RX480s on zec and eth with claymore and 15 S9s atm and buying more and more..

So that's where all the 480's went.

I have a 6x 480 setup in my office but its starting to get hot in here with the weather changing.

Offline Xardas

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 01:11:58 AM »
Although it is not in my best interest to be giving people this hint, but this is a new forum and I should try to be helpful........baikal

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Telegram: @GuntharDeNiro
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 09:09:58 AM »
Although it is not in my best interest to be giving people this hint, but this is a new forum and I should try to be helpful........baikal

Ty man, appreciated.

Offline Beachguy

• Global Moderator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 11:50:41 AM »
Those are cool and have come down steadily in price. Power use is pretty damn low.
Thought about buying one when they first came out and were just one also......now looks like I might go for two.

Offline mettalmag

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 06:51:40 AM »
what about the price of baikal? I emailed them but they are out of stock and on ebay and alibaba they are 4x in price..

Offline BasedCoin

• Rookie
    • View Profile

Offline Peter Gibons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 07:21:43 PM »
The Baikal miner doesn't ROI much better than the GPU
https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/#/equipment

Electricity may be a huge difference, but GPUs have a resell value, as long as you don't burn them out.  That has been my experience.  ASICs and the like have little to no resell value.  Plus if I want to mine ETH, you need a GPU.

I'm going to get another GPU soon.  I want to start mining ETH, and bag hold.

Offline Clannad

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 08:35:11 AM »
Hi everyone :-)
I got involved in altcoins very recently (six months ago)
I built my first miner in last november, currently mining ETH (6x RX470)
Thinking to build a 2nd one...

Offline docta

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 08:28:18 PM »
I couldn't resist ordering one of the new L3+ litecoin/scrypt miners from bitmain! https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201704270330299161GIIoSKl067B

they say that it ships mid-July and supposedly hashes 504Mh/s and uses 800 watts.

i know that the profits on this device will likely go down quickly as the network becomes saturated with increased hashing power, but the current difficulty calculation is around $40/day in profit!!! (calculated using nicehash profitability calculator https://www.nicehash.com/?p=calc)

anyone have thoughts on this?  smart buy?  stupid buy?

edit:
Clannad!  what OS are you using to power those rx470's?  i have the parts piled up together for an intel 5 x rx470 machine and i'm having trouble getting windows 10 to boot up.  this is my first intel miner....i'm feeling like maybe i should have stuck with amd?  how is yours setup?  thanks!  -docta
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 08:31:56 PM by docta »

Offline bl_nk

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 09:12:29 PM »
Cool, didn't realize there was a forum! Glad I purchased Gunbot.

I recently upgraded my mining operation. It isn't the prettiest but has maintained a good daily profit so far. Also, clients love to talk about it when they come to visit. Pictures are at the link, they were are little to big for the forum. https://imgur.com/gallery/z3mh7

Offline Clannad

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 06:55:15 AM »
edit:
Clannad!  what OS are you using to power those rx470's?  i have the parts piled up together for an intel 5 x rx470 machine and i'm having trouble getting windows 10 to boot up.  this is my first intel miner....i'm feeling like maybe i should have stuck with amd?  how is yours setup?  thanks!  -docta

Hi docta, here's my detailed RIG parts:

PartQtyModelMerchantLink
Motherboard1Asrock H81 Pro BTCAMAZONlink
CPU1Intel Celeron G1850MATERIEL.NETlink
RAM2DDR3 4 Go 1600 MHz FURY BLUE CAS 10
MATERIEL.NETlink
GPU6Sapphire Radeon RX 470 OC - 4 GoMATERIEL.NETlink
PCI-Riser6PCI-E 1x to 16x Powered USB 3.0 Extender Riser MINESHOP.EUlink
PSU1EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2, 1000WTOPACHATlink
SSD1SSD Samsung Serie 750 EVO - 250 GoMATERIEL.NETlink
HDD1Disque dur interne 2.5 Seagate Mobile HDD - 1 ToMATERIEL.NETlink
OS1Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32/64 bits - Version clé USBMATERIEL.NETlink

For the first month, I ran it under ethOS. As I was a complete noob and had no clue about what I was doing, this was a great solution ... plug and mine ;)
To install ethOS following their instructions, I had only one GPU installed on the 16x PCI-E slot. After ethOS installation, I installed the six cards with their risers and it worked fine at first boot.

When I started this project, I already had in mind switching to Windows, but this required some reading and researches, and ethoOS gave me time for this while allowing me to start mining as soon as the Rig was built.

My Windows 10 came on a USB stick, when I installed it, I left all the six GPU's on their risers with the screen connected to an HDMI output of the card #0 (the one connected to the 16x PCI-E slot). Windows installation went smoothly, it recognized the six GPUS's without problem.

Then I installed Claymore's ETH Dual Miner, set it up and it worked like a charm on first launch, I noticed it was more stable and faster than ethOS.
After a few days I applied the BIOS MOD to my six GPU's (1500 strap copied to 1625, 1750 and 2000) and again everything went fine.
Then I finely tuned the GPU's setings, they are actually: Core 1100 MHz, Memory 1980 MHz, voltage -30mV, fans 70%

I am getting ~167Mh/s, which is 27.83Mh/s per card

And I have a 7th card mining non stop in my desktop PC (running Windows 10 64 Pro) for some extra earnings, this one has no BIOS MOD cause I need to keep my PC stable for other jobs, including Gunbot :D

docta,
It's too bad to let this hardware sleep when it could "print" Ethers while YOU sleep !

- Which exact version of Windows are you trying to install ? 
- what is excactly the problem you are encountering ?
- When does it happens exactly, and what do you see ?
- Do you see the BIOS POST screen ?
- Have you tried booting on a live linux CD or USB stick ?
- Have you tried installing Windows without any GPU installed, using the onboard Intel Graphics ?
- What is your exact and detailed hardware setup
- Have you manually partitonned/formated your primary disk ? If yes how ?

The more details you can give us about your issue, the more chances we can help you fix it

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 10:16:28 PM by Clannad »

Offline docta

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2017, 06:21:53 PM »
Hey man, thank s so much for that reply!

seriously....it reminds me of a time i thought was long forgotten when people actually took time to help folks out who they don't even know....on a place called a forum..  :)  but i digress...

you have no idea how helpful your post is and thanks for the details. this rx470 rig i'm trying to build consists of a biostar TB85 motherboard with an intel i3, some different ram, same power supply except i got a 1300w and yet i was afraid this wouldn't be enough watts still and this is why:

because my other rig (a 5-card amd-chip-based miner) kept knocking out my electrical breaker.   when i hooked up a killawatt i realized that it was burning 1300-1400 watts just powering 5 cards and a 7inch lcd monitor on windows 10.  btw, i was using nicehash's gui and service to run claymore's dual eth miner to pull in eth and pascal  (sometimes eth and library credits).

funny fact:  i also started out with ethOS and quickly grew irritated with its quirks, aggravations, the way it would run fans at full-blast and to be honest, it's SUPER SHITTY returns!

i finally did like you and installed win10 and then eventually i ran into the issue of pulling far too many watts to keep my miners up and stable.  of course i tried turning down the volts on all my cards with minimal improvement (using radeon's settings app).  then when i went back down to single-eth mining there was significant improvement in watts (but still using a LOT of watts---1100-1200W to run 5 cards of the R9xx & HD7970 variety).   finally i realized that i could just mine z-cash and make just as much money as eth without drawing more than 700-800 watts.

now i'm ready to get this intel i5 with 6x RX470's up and going but i'm getting hung up on either the bios isn't loading, or i just cant get a signal to my damn monitor.

do you hook your monitor up to the video connection that's built-in to the motherboard??  that's the main difference that this "mining" motherboard has which my other one lacked.  so theoretically, i should be able to connect 6gpu's for mining while using the built-in connection to run my monitor

p.s. i feel like i was all over the place with this.... to clarify, i have a 5gpu amd rig that runs pure zcash with nicehash on windows10.  THIS rig that isn't finished is an intel biostar TB85 that i hope to run 6x rx470 cards using windows10 (or ethos, really i don't even care at this point) but i just can't get a monitor to boot up.